Thursday, January 6, 2011

Spin To Win!

The new year has arrived and is moving along at warp speed…….but what else is new?  Time usually gets away from us with our busy lives and all and before we know it we will be facing another Black Friday and finding the fastest way possible to meet the holiday gift needs of all our family and friends.  It is time to take a minute and smell a sweat sock or two.

I have decided to start my new blog and the new year off with some kind words for those people out there who are on a quest to get healthy. 

Eating is certainly one part of the formula, but I want to focus for a minute on the exercise part of the plan.  I do not presume to be an expert on this component, but I am a watcher of people and the gym that I go to provides me with lots of opportunities to watch others doing what I am doing……trying to get healthy.  Eating will be a subject post for a later date.

I want to give a very positive shout out to each and every person who I see every morning as they walk on the treadmill, take a spin on the elliptical or recumbent bikes, or move from weight machine to weight machine.  There are a wide variety of exercise philosophies in my gym and I do not profess to really understanding why they do what they do.  I am inclined instead to say to each of them…….keep doing what you are doing and I hope that each of you reaches your exercise and better health goals.  It is amazing to me that there are so many different exercise strategies but I love it!  The fact that they are IN THE GYM at all says a lot and I have every hope that I will still be seeing my new exercise buddies in the summer of the year.

Congratulations on your plan to get healthy and you can be sure that this guy is all about supporting any person who is willing to do what it takes to get healthy.  It is not about the size you are or the strength that you have in early January……it is instead about how you feel and look as the summer sun creeps onto the horizon.  I will be in the gym with you for sure and you can count on me to support you any way I can.

I love that you are with me every morning as I watch re-runs of Frazier as I walk and spin my way to what I hope is better health.  Keep up the good work and I will see you in July.  Maybe we can have a fireworks show outside the gym in the parking lot on the 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment