Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Shoveling Stinks!

I live in western NY.

This means that you have to be able to cope with and maybe even appreciate these ridiculous days when it snows like crazy in the winter.

That being said I have had a few things stuck in my craw all day.

I HATE to shovel snow!  I mean I really hate it!  I hate it even more than raking leaves, which is second on my list of things that I really do not like to do.  I always seems to get my day off to a bad start.  Shoveling in the dark is never fun and when the snow plow comes by and dumps a ton of snow in the driveway where I already shoveled it just makes me crazy.  Thank God for summer!!!

I have couple of pet peeves too.  What is it with people who do not feel the need to brush the snow off their cars before their drive to work?  They peer through a tiny hole while snow blows off their car onto the rest of us.  I even saw one person today talking on their cell phone as they navigated through their windshield porthole.  Maybe this says something about the work ethic of at least some Americans!   

What is it with the big snow plows who drive like a bat out of hell on the main roads that are covered with snow and don’t put down their blades?  If there are not going to put down the blade and push some snow maybe they should go back to the barn and just hang out until the weather gets warmer and they can takes the blades off the truck.  A single truck can make a nice path and it is not necessary for three trucks in tandem to do the plowing. 

Enough said! 

At least for now!

Oh yeah…..I feel for those people in the South who are struggling with winter weather that they hardly ever see and are even less prepared to deal with.  I hope their weather gets better soon so they can get back to normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment